Breathwork Journey Class
Reduce stress & anxiety – increase energy, creativity & joy
Join Christine, a certified Breathwork Practitioner, on a breathwork journey. This is a practice that uses conscious connected breathing, music and guidance to connect you with your body, mind and soul. Benefits include reduced stress and anxiety, increased energy, clarity, joy, and creativity and clearing of suppressed emotions and feelings.
Breathwork is a meditative practice where you take conscious full breaths, breathing in more oxygen and energy into your body, allowing you to feel your feelings and emotions, and releasing toxins and anything you don’t wish to hold on to. In this time of uncertainty and strain, breathwork can support you in managing your emotional and mental health. It is a time where you give yourself your own time, energy and love, and breathe the breath of life into your being.
Her classes will introduce you to breathwork and provide an opportunity to connect with yourself in a space of non-judgement, acceptance and understanding. The 75 minute session consists of an opening meditation, followed by 40 minutes of conscious breathing accompanied by music while lying down where you stay present, tune into your body, and allow feelings to arise. Time at the end is allotted for questions and for you to share your experience if you feel called. No experience is necessary. This is a great introduction to breathing in this way and many people keep it as a weekly practice afterwards.
- Wednesday, Sept 22nd from 4:15 – 5:30pm
- Saturday, Sept 25th from 3:30 – 4:45pm
Click here to register online
Notes about this session:
- We will be practicing a Conscious Connected Breath (CCB). Conscious meaning you are aware of your breath and are actively choosing to take each breath. Connected meaning there is no pauses between inhales and exhales, and exhales and inhales. Like a circle where you are either inhaling or exhaling. Usually this breathing style is practiced through your mouth, however you may breathe through your nose if you prefer.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of class. Bring your yoga mat and a water bottle and journal if you would like. Wear comfortable clothes. We will have blankets and bolster blocks available for your use.
- Covid – No masks required, mats will be spaced so you will not be breathing too close to anyone else. We sanitize the air before and after classes.
PLEASE NOTE: Live Powwafully is not a medical practice and Christine is not medically trained. If you suffer from any serious condition you should check with your medical practitioner prior to breathing with me. The breath style we use is not advised for conditions such as, but not limited to: bi-polar, schizophrenia, cardiovascular disease, acute heart conditions, epilepsy, glaucoma, detached retina, diagnosed brain or abdominal aneurysm, uncontrolled diabetes, thyroid conditions, high blood pressure, or delicate pregnancy and first trimester (first three months) of pregnancy. Likewise, if you are on any medications you are advised to seek medical counsel prior to joining us.
If you do have any of the above conditions, please let us know. There are other breath patterns that may be more suitable for you, and you are always welcome to participate.
Christine is a certified Breathwork Practitioner through Alchemy of Breath and previously graduated with a BA in Environment and Sustainability from UBC in 2011. She pursued a commercial real estate career in Vancouver and London, UK before changing her focus to personal healing, transformation and wellness. This change was fueled by the stress, anxiety, pressure and feelings that she was living a life not in alignment with her heart and soul. She is now determined to live a life that feels true to herself and to support others with connecting to their essence and power within. Breathwork is a beautiful tool that she is excited to share with others. Christine completed training with Alchemy of Breath and continues to mentor students completing the training. She started Live Powwafully and more information on her offerings can be found on www.livepowwafully.com.